Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Stay Awake

Aside from turning my home into a meth lab, does anybody know of any other caffeine-like substitutes I can take that can keep me alert during the day? I feel like I have to have a big bucket 'o coffee right before work in order to keep me scurrying through that habitrail of a record store for 8 hours every day, but caffeine being an appetite stimulant makes me famished throughout the day and that's a big of part of what's wrecking my diet. I don't drink sodas, and I love tea but it tends to make me more sleepy than wired. And again, still makes me so blessed hungry.

I'm kinda hoping for something that's a bit more organic than popping No-Doz. But I suppose if such a coffee-substitute already existed then there'd be millions of yuppie Starbuck-y stands on every street corner/Barnes & Noble right now injecting it straight into the capillaries under our eyelids. And fifty cent for extra soy, I'm sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Only thing I can think of are energy drinks, but those have caffeine in them.

I think Farm Fresh still sells Glaceau water products. Like vitamin water and smart water. Maybe they have a vitamin water that can keep people awake.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home