Thursday, April 27, 2006

Toads of The Short Forest

Exhibit A


Benefits of moving: The finding of things that you thought were once lost forever.

Namely, the George Clinton Parliament-Funkadelic record The Mothership Connection Live From Houston that I had thought I misplaced years ago and have been searching for ever since.

And according to the words stamped right on the cover "Original Video Soundtrack", although on the back it only mentions "choice excerpts" on Side One, listing as:

1. Let's Take It To The Stage/Do That Stuff
2. Mothership Connection/Doctor Funkenstein
3. Get Off Your Ass And Jam/Night Of The Thumpasorus People


Side Two consists of three studio tracks from two George Clinton albums, Computer Games and Some Of My Best Jokes Are Friends:

1. Atomic Dog
2. Double Oh-Oh
3. Bullet Proof

So I suppose this album is basically no longer in print if it's really just excerpts from the already available full-length Live In Houston CD (Or is the Live In Houston CD actually available? Must investigate) but since I haven't heard the full-length except for once almost 20 years ago I couldn't quite make the connection between the two. But yeah, I really don't think you can find this record on any format anywhere any longer, which is why I'm damn stoked to be holding my sweet baby lovingly in my arms once again. Amazing, and downright ridonkulous, to have so much bleedin' vinyl in my house that one can go MIA like that for years. And here I've told everyone that I've searched positively everywhere that could be searched before I set loose my minions friends scouting the globe for any sign of proof of its existence. What a revolting development. But it's a relief to know that I didn't actually fabricate the entire thing in my head. See, people? I'm not a loon. I can prove it. See "Exhibit A".

I may try and put some files of this up on the blog in the upcoming week, once I burn the tracks individually for faster downloading. That is anyone's interested. Anyone? Aaaaanyone? It's pretty damn funky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home