Sunday, April 16, 2006

Anyway, Onward


First 20 tracks on my iPod shuffle today while cleaning windows on an indescribably beautiful Easter morning...

1. "Pregnant Pussy" - UGK
2. "Shapes Of Things" - The Yardbirds
3. "Arabesque Cookie" - Duke Ellington
4. "Get Him Back" - Fiona Apple
5. "Cicatriz E.S.P." - The Mars Volta
6. "Long White Cadillac" - The Blasters
7. "Hombre" - M.I.A.
8. "The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica)" - Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
9. "Punk Rock Records" - Zeke
10. "Glad All Over" - The Rezillos
11. "It's Right Here For You" - Mamie Smith
12. "Brother's Gonna Work It Out" - Willie Hutch
13. "Beat Surrender" - The Jam
14. "The James Bond Theme" - John Zorn
15. "Monica" - The Kinks
16. "Friday On My Mind" - Easybeats
17. "Seems Like Forever" - The Cold
18. "The Book Of Love" - The Magnetic Fields
19. "Holy Ghost" - The Bar-Kays
20. "Inca Roads" - Frank Zappa

Locals, concerning Tom's memorial service, the obit from yesterday's paper was incorrect. It's next Sunday at 2pm. Not today.

His viewing was indeed yesterday, though. Joe went, but I couldn't get out of work.

If anybody's interested, here the website for Tom band, DC3. Just a local blues/jazz cover band in which Tom played bass, but he truly thoroughly enjoyed every moment that he got to play with them. Oh, and that's our mutual good friend Mike there on the drums in those photos. They've been playing in bands together for years.

Joe wrote a little something about Tom in his blog the other day.

I keep picturing Tom back at the closing of my new house. The man nearly did a victory lap around the boardroom table after everything was done, he was so overjoyed. You gotta understand, this man's been trying to find me a house for over 4 years. Just to put that into perspective, he's been working with me since I worked at Ticketmaster. Anyways, he embraced me hard and whispered how happy he was for me. That was the last time I ever saw him.

But I think for me my most favored memory of Tom will be this one day in particular.

God, how I miss him already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home