Friday, June 09, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

The Friday Five:


1. What is (or would be) your dream vacation?
I'm a fool for travel, so just blindfold me and plop me on a plane to anywhere I haven't been to before. Just so long as they aren't currently in between political coups or sending their cake-eatin' queen to the guillotine. Oh, and no place where I have to pack both my casual and evening wear burka.

2. What's one thing no vacation can do without?
My lawyer.

3. What has been the best trip of your life so far?
That's hard to determine, as I have taken some pretty spectacular trips in my day. But the first time I went to Paris was rather memorable. Also took the chunnel over to London for a day, which was also the first time in that city as well (I would later go back for about two weeks the next year, which was also pretty swell).

4. Who was with you on that trip and what is the role of that person in your life?
Joseph -- my best friend, confidant, silent partner, romantic warrior, and the only man whom I'll ever let yell "HONK HONK" when he grabs my boobs on the Eiffel Tower.

5. What's the worst thing that can happen during a vacation?
I keep thinking back to all the horror stories that my world-traveler father has told me of his adventures over the years; Getting jailed in Frankfurt for losing his passport. Getting robbed at sword-point in Cairo at the Great Pyramid. Getting chased down by the Yakusa in Tokyo. Frankly, as the next generation, I feel I have quite a lot to live up to (also: see answer to Question #2).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home