Friday, June 02, 2006

Gadzooks! Not Again...

Anybody remember the old kuput Friday Five site? Looks as if folks at Livejournal revived it in recent years. Oh well, since I appear to be in a somewhat rigid survey-taking type of mindframe over the last 24 hours...

1. How many places have you lived in your life?
My family moved around a bit when I was a baby, living in Richmond, VA., Raleigh, NC., and Charleston, SC. before settling into Chesapeake when I was about 2 or 3 years old (my parents still live in the same house from the day we first moved in). After I moved out I lived in Norfolk for about 7 years before I moved to Virginia Beach, for about another 7 or so.

2. Which was your favorite and why and what street was it on?
Probably First Colonial Avenue in Norfolk. I loved living in the collegiate/gay/liberal arts/strung-out punker Ghent neighborhood with the 100-year-old apartment buildings (radiators, footed bathtubs, GIANT keyholes) where I was walking distance to the grocery store, coffee shop, the art-house movie theatre with kick-ass vintage/foreign film video rental selection next door, hipster indie record store, book stores, art museums, and some of the best restaurants in all the sister cities. Damn. Now I'm homesick. :-(

3. If you could live anywhere for the rest of your life, where would it be?
I don't really know, but I'm kind of enjoying where I am right at this very moment. Of course this answer may change within the next few hours when I start bitching about how there's no good record stores or movie theaters to walk to around here.

4. What would your ideal home have in it?
A library. Like one of those you see in the movies with the tall bookshelves and the ladders you have to roll across the room to get to everything and whatnot. I basically need that right now for all the crap I gots. Plus I would really like to have a dog again.

5. Can you describe your current crib?






This last photo is going to be my dining room once I finish with the rest of the unpacking. Believe me, this room was filled almost completely to the ceiling with boxes and furniture for the first month we lived here. Now you can actually walk into the room, play the Fun Machine organ against the far wall, and hey... is that a hint of actual floor I see?

Yeah, getting a lot of mileage out of that big ole fitball over there on top of the futon...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet crib, Melp!!! Congrats on the homeownership!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Maggie! And if you ever consider taking a vacation this way you certainly have a place to stay. :-)

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home