Sunday, May 28, 2006

Filler

I want to apologize for the general lack 'o posts these days, especially this week in particular. I've been actually trying to make a conscious effort to limit my internet time for a spell, hoping it might kick-start me into getting more creatively motivated. Not to mention getting back into my health streak again, and too much puttering around on the PC can't be what anyone might consider healthy. Plus... well gosh... I really don't know what to say these days. I haven't bought any new music in awhile, or seen any movie that stirs me to gush about it. I tried going to see the new X-Men movie Friday night but every showing was sold out. Pretty much should have figured that out on a holiday opening weekend. I spent most of Saturday at work covering my ears as I passed my fellow associates as they all tittered away about it to themselves. See, Melissa? Like actual intelligent folk they bought their tickets in advance. Duh-HUT.

I mean, really, is anyone even the slightest bit interested in hearing about the minutiae of my days? That I spent my Sunday morning with Joe in our usual Sunday morning routine of having breakfast in the back yard while our son Tyler sits in the tree? Then mowing the lawn? And now Joe is going to watch the Indy and I'm going to run over to the store to buy lightbulbs and then come home and shave my legs in the bathtub? Is anyone even remotely fascinated by the fact that ever since I stopped taking that Avandia I haven't been able to stay awake for more than an hour at a time, and it frustrates me so much because I so do not want to go back on the Avandia again? Also, also! It's hot as blazes outside!? Well okay, I suppose you don't need me to tell you that.

Might be time to whip out the old skool posts that I found a few months back. Funny (and so fucking self-indulgent) to see just where my mind was way back then. Sad to see not much about me has probably evolved a smidge since.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you left out the part when we went to the nieghborhood pool and found a clear CD sized thing in the pool and what we ate

glad to be a part of the filler

no pun misintended

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and yes I enjoy your writings

8:26 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you, JVC. Hearing from readers really does help motivate me to want to write more, and your post definitely does the trick!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home