Saturday, May 20, 2006

Revenge Of The N.E.R.D.

Why am I such a freakin' magnet for crazy people? What is it about me that makes nutty screamy burlap bag-shoed tinfoil hat-wearing batshit insane people zero right in on me and think to themselves, "Now there's an otherwise solid, perfectly pleasant, unobtrusive individual who looks like she doesn't get enough ca-raaazy in her life."? Because damn if the nice weather didn't bring them out in droves this afternoon. And wouldn't you know it, they all wanted to go music shopping, too.

Man, what a wretched day. Half the store staff called out. Pretty much a busy Saturday working the info desk, answering the calls, and running the floor throughout most of the day. I've been screamed at by several customers, nagged at by multiple managers, had my nipple squeezed HARD by a three-year-old little boy while his father just stood and watched, and then proceeded to collide head-on with Pharrell Williams as I was storming out of the ladies room while he, his girlfriend, and his bodyguard were heading into the men's room (yes, all three went into the men's room together, and then emerged less than a minute later -- WTF?). Pharrell is notoriously quite nice, though, so he didn't sick his surly goon on me or anything.

I picked a bad day to quit drinking coffee.

Fiddlesticks. I'm having a pint of Haagen Dazs and watching the Season 2 DVD of Deadwood tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home