Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I've Been A Bad Friend

I realize that I've been missing some birthday shout-outs this month, and even a few from last month, so let me start making amends right here in the middle of, uh, this month (oopsie):

Jack, whose birthday was back on July 21. I feel like a dodo because I had your date all calendar marked and ready to internally celebrate but looking back on that day I now remember that I was extremely ill and not to mention royally tweaked on Robitussin so please forgive me for forgetting. But I thought about you all month, actually, if that makes up for anything. :-)

Wemblee, whose birthday was August 2nd. Thank you for everything, especially your phone calls and your wacky sense 'o humor. Can't believe we live one state away and I still haven't met you in person after all these years. I know, I suck.

Erinita, whose birthday was August 7th. I really hope you're having a blast living out west, and thank you as always for checking in with me. I haven't called Ticketmaster charge-by-phone in awhile. Is that still your voice, Voice?

Last but certainly not least, I have a friend whose birthday is, uh, either this week or next week, I believe. I don't know exactly what day, but the only reason I know it's this month is because it was 8 days before he first introduced himself to me one year ago this month, and as much as I would love to bombarded him with cool DVDs and mixed CDs, all I can give is my eternal thanks for coming into my life when he did, and not a day goes by where he's not deeply missed. If you're still out there, Happy (early?late?) Birthday, sweetheart. And my best to you and your family.

Er, who else have I missed? (eep!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the 22nd. I wrote you four days later. I remember being unable to sleep that night, and the night after, and then after that not only did I get to sleep but I did so with an inscrutable smile on my face. I was going to remind you in 11 days, but I'm happy you beat me to it. I still love you; you know, in that way. I think before the end of the year I will send you an e-mail, and maybe we can take it from there, now that everything is calm again. Yours, M.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Ah, the 22nd. So I'm not too late, but definitely too early. I'm so happy that you remembered the date because although i still have your email saved to disk I don't have the original date with it -- I just knew it was sometime near the end of the month. It's sweet of you to still remember the anniversary, not to mention a tremendous relief that I'm not the only one who still does. Thank you for giving me a date to circle on my mental calendar.

I don't want you to do anything that you're not ready to do, as far as emailing me again or any other contact. I worried so deeply about you all year. But goddam it's so good to hear from you again.

And I still love you, too. In that way.

Yours,
M.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, you're so sweet, thank you!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey, thank YOU, babes. Your posts have meant a lot to me over the last year or so. Really.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, and you do NOT suck. :) You're the opposite of suck. You're awesome. :)

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home