Friday, August 18, 2006

She's In Parties

The Friday Five:

1. Do you really make wishes when you blow out the candles on your cake?
Yeah, actually. I do.

2. Have any of the wishes ever come true, if yes?
Yeah, actually. They have. I find that the key to wishmaking is keeping them relatively realistic. But you get awarded points for difficulty if you still manage to keep them a little edgy by making them very, very specific.

3. How do you feel about birthdays? (e.g., love the attention, just another day, don't want anyone to know my real age, etc.)
I don't generally make a big deal about it myself. As painfully introverted as I am I get a little bashful and embarrassed sometimes when people lavish too much attention on me. I do, however, think it's very sweet and flattering that they remember and care, and as embarrassed as I am I'm still deeply touched by it all. And I have no problem telling people my age. I never understood why older women try and convince folks that they are younger than they are, since I imagine that it would just make them look twice as old. Maybe I should start claiming that I'm 60 right now and see how many lucrative Oil Of Olay endorsement offers I get.

4. Tell us a favorite gift you've received, or something you'd really like for your next birthday.
Wasn't so much a physical geegaw as it was a hilarious circumstance. Joe rented a limousine on my 26th birthday and we drove around Norfolk blasting Rick James and stopping into local record stores like Skinnie's with bourbon glasses in hand, and then Joe had the driver take us to Denny's (yes, back when Denny's gave free meals on birthdays) where all my friends were already waiting to surprise me and after lunch we all went across the street to the movie theater and saw Army of Darkness and basically just laughed our collective asses off. So see, that's my kind of birthday present; a little high class, a little ghetto fab, and toppin' it off with Ash kickin' some serious undead ass. And he works in hardwares, y'know.

5. What flavor cake?
Pie! WHO WANTS PIE???!!!! Wheeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home