Friday, April 06, 2007

A Sacred Institution

Okay, if you'd like to bear witness to the surrealism, and possibly have RealPlayer, go to this page and click onto the "M. Turner Wedding". First thing you'll see is my fat booty in black and red sitting in the pew behind the best man Stan who is handing me the ring box to hold. We were discussing how Stan has secretly bet maid of honor Ricky (or "bitch" as he was referred to all week, and he and Stan were dressed as secret service agents following them around) to switch out groom Mike's ring with Ricky's own wedding band. Mike is a big guy with huge hands, and his wedding band is quite large. Ricky is a small fellow and his wedding band is nowhere near as big. So when Ricky hands Elvis the ring he's really handing over his own, and when S. puts it on Mike's finger you can see her look back at Ricky in alarm and start breaking up during her vows. After the ceremony we all dance a little and then S. and Mike walk off camera (to the justice of the peace in the next room, who marries them for real) and when they come back into camera range S. says something about "Which one of you had the idea to switch out the rings?" Oh, and my job was to hold the bride's purse, so you see me basically running around with a giant pink canvas purse the whole time. Joe's job was to hold the envelope with the paperwork from the city hall registry earlier the day before, so I guess we were all given relatively important tasks.

Anyway, fun was had. I'll write more about what all went on in the next post, but I gotta bail and go to work. Maybe tonight, if I don't go see Grindhouse when I get off.

Oh yes. And I met Vance.

Once again. Holla.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beach Weddings said...

Monster on a rope for a Wedding ?

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home