Sunday, August 26, 2007

Couging Passed. Didn't Die. All Is Well. W00t.

Imagine you are on your deathbed. Recommend to those who remain in your life...



1) One book to read.

A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. Because it's one of the funniest books I have ever read. And a splendid archive of everything both putrid and glorious about the New Orleans that once was.



2) One movie to watch.

Bachelor Party. Because if you want to know where all those stupid and bizarre phrases I constantly blurt out at random moments were quoted from. And because I don't wanna risk coming off as too pretentious on my dang deathbed.



3) One food to eat.

Peaches. Because it both satiates the hunger and satisfies the thirst all at the same time. Perfect summertime sustenance. Few foods make me feel quite so awake and alert and alive.



4) One place to go.

Habour Town, Hilton Head Island. Especially the Sea Pines Resort. I don't know what it looks like now after Hurricane Isabel several years ago, but it was my childhood vacation paradise. Bury a part of me at the old playground there.



5) One life lesson to leave behind.

Hit it, Maestro...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty dark madam, but you finished with aplomb.

Your servant, as ever...

El Gee x

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home