Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck

A full pelvic and abdominal ultrasound, to quote Bart Simpson, both sucks and blows. Where else can you discover so many unnecessary new things about yourself, like your kidneys being tucked too far up under your ribs, creating nearly half an hour straight of torturous probing hilarity. And that long wand they stick up your hooha and swirl it all around to find your ovaries? Lets just say my cervix hasn't been put to that kind of endurance test since my years in gymnastics. But it's done, and I don't know what they'll find as far as my gut pain issues but I have to say that since Sunday I've been feeling pretty okay with no agony to speak of for a change. But the fact that I did have constant pain steadily for almost a week should say something was definitely wrong at one point, and here's to hoping they find out why. I have a follow up appointment next week. Let there be no dyin' until then.

And I have Thanksgiving off this year, which I guess is a good thing. I worked last year, which was pretty insanely busy and I was quite exhausted and ready to not be there by the time closing came 'round. But I was okay with it, seeing as how I really wasn't up for the usual family get-together since my grandmother died last spring. In fact nobody wanted to experience their first Thanksgiving without her, so if I remember correctly nobody did much of anything anyway. I think my parents are having food and football at their house this year, which beats that wretched buffet at the Holiday Inn that my grandma, bless her soul, loved so much. Even happier, I don't have to open on Black Friday. I do have to close that night, but I'll take cleaning up after the batshittery rather than having to be in the thick of it any day.

Meanwhile, I have NOT stopped laughing at this.



I just realized: I have no favorite albums of 2007.

What the hell good came out this year? And did I remember even hearing it?

I should be fired.

1 Comments:

Blogger x said...

What?? Kicking Lust Lust Lust to the curb so soon? It doesn't even make top ten?

I understand how you feel. I don't have many albums kicking in the door of the pleasure center of my brain either.

cpg

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home