Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Man Who Invented Himself

As I currently seem to be on a bit of a Vance lust fancy this evening, I'm been meaning to post linkage to the page of old clips from his 2 years at The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, all of which I already have but extremely difficult to find online, or in my case, searching the continent for people who remembered to turn on their VCRs from 1999 through early 2001. These totally make me wanna whip out my old TDS Vance burns again, though the clips here are obviously of higher quality than the multi-generation dubbing I had to meticulously mine from over the years. Good schtuff, anyway. Hope you all enjoy.

So Joe's been sick with the cold and has holed himself up in the guest bedroom for the last three nights, trying to stay one room away from me at all times so that I don't run the risk of catching it myself and follow it up with my usual post-cold Death Cough. I've already had it twice this year, the second which lasted several months, so I'm in no hurry to repeat that again for the New Year. I am very happy that Joe is no longer working at the video store anymore, since he was never in any position to call out sick. Now he can stay home, rest, and take care of himself properly, which puts my mind far more at ease than worrying about getting the cough again. It's a tad lonely, sure. But an ounce of prevention, I suppose.

In the meantime, I've been sorta of digging on this Sandy Dillon chick. Kind of channeling that Howlin' Wolf vocal style there, ain'cha kitten? Anybody heard anything else by her?

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

I need to get cracking again on dubbing alllll my tdses again. I'm only at june of 2001 and I have stuff leading up to April of 2005.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home