Wednesday, November 28, 2007

She's Going The Distance

It just occurred to me that I haven't talked about cute boys in awhile.

Jack Stehlin is giving me reason again to return to Los Angeles. The new Shem Bitterman play Harm's Way is being performed by the Circus Theatricals opening December 1st at their Circus Theatricals Studio Theater, which I still haven't had the chance to see since it opened. A blurb from the press release: "Harm's Way tells the tale of a career Army prosecutor who investigates a possible war crime against Iraqi civilians by U.S troops - while at the same time fighting to save his troubled daughter here on American soil". Dear Yod, I am so starved for anything Jack these days. I finally just caught the episode of Weeds that he appeared in for less than 15 seconds and it only fueled my desire to leap aboard the next flight out to L.A. and, I dunno, root through his garbage cans or something appropriately creepy. Naaaahhh.. Jack's a sweet guy, and his wife is fantastic. If it hadn't been for Brett bodily dragging me through the Odyssey Theater lobby, my heels digging into the floor, to confront Jack after The Misanthrope I probably would never had the courage to meet him, and dammit, meeting him kicked even more ass than I thought possible. Well, one-a these days I'll make it back there again. Maybe I'll be less of a slobbering imbecile in Jack's presence next time.

Joe is in Washington DC for a few days visiting his mom and uncle. I'm home, alone in the house, and there are cop cars in front of my driveway, cop helicopters circling my building, and cops wandering up and down the street with flashlights. Meanwhile all I have to defend myself from a potential home invasion is a plunger and a giant sized bucket of Clorox disinfecting wipes. You can tell how scared I am by my limp attempts to be lighthearted about a stressful situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home