Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Click Your Fingers Applauding The Play


So has anybody actually seen this series called Garth Marenghi's Darkplace on Adult Swim? Because I kinda dig it. My old friend Randy introduced it to me earlier this week and I'm still going through the episodes bit by bit, when sitting at the computer permits. Reminds me a lot of the old campy sci-fi/horror serials like Dark Shadows and Doctor Who that I used to watch obsessively as a kid, which I guess is the whole point, or rather a parody of the whole point. Randy told me that it was out on DVD but all I see are out-of-print Region 2 versions on Amazon. Anybody got a lead, baby?
I woke to my throat hurting this morning. The way it does when I'm about it get a cold. Which typically brings about It Which Must Not Be Named. Pray for me, my friends. I can only take so much torment in one year.

1 Comments:

Blogger So Very Unhip said...

Ponce LOVES this show; I need to check out more of it. If you like this, you might also like "The Mighty Boosh", clips of which are on YouTube. It's funny and gleefully bizarre. I recommend the episode "Nanageddon" highly (and it also features one of the Garth Marenghi actors).

...damn, just checked YouTube, and Nanageddon is gone. But this clip is still there, and it's awesome:

youtube.com/watch?v=m96-LIvaoXU

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home