Saturday, March 08, 2008

Springtime With Benefits

I know, it's been awhile since I posted anything, hasn't it (not like anyone really reads this, do they?). Things have been kinda busy lately, with just dave coming to visit and us getting a new GM at work (Nate, a 35-year-old former GM from Salt Lake City) and on top of all that, my sleep issue got really, really out of control there for awhile. It had gotten as bad as it used to be, years ago before I had lost all that weight and my blood sugar had plummeted to where I wasn't able to keep myself awake for any reason. It used to be that on a regular day off I'd sleep until 9:30am, go back to sleep around 11am until about 1pm. Take another nap from 3pm to 6pm, and then crash exhausted into bed at 10pm every single night. My birthday was the worst it had been in years, with me sleeping away nearly the entire day, which I hate hate hate doing. I hate feeling so out of it when I'm like that, so incapably of simple thought or speech or hardly aware of my surroundings because I'm half nodding off every few minutes. And even the double dose of metforim wasn't doing its usual trick in keeping me lucid during this past week. But for the last two or three days I've been remarkably alert and awake and feeling resting and clear. It's an amazingly good, almost miraculous feeling, being able to blog again because I can actually form words in my head to type out onto the blank screen-y thing here. I just had a full 8 hour night at work and I'm not ravished by exhaustion. Of course I did have a venti sized coffeesque thingy at Barnes & Noble around 3pm today, but usually I'd be grinding down to a sludgy halt on that caffeine crash that hits right about now, and so far I think I'm doing pretty okay. I could almost go for a late night walk if it weren't raining so hard, and if I didn't want to get raped or murdered in the rain either. One could seriously get used to this.

I am still going to head off to bed here in a minute, as I want to get back on some semblance of a regular sleeping schedule again. Poor Joe, he's sick with the cold again, which means another week of quarantine while I try and dodge the Death Cough a second time in 2008 (that slight tinge 'o DC came about shortly after the last cold but I've been able to reign it in with a cough drop or two every other day or so). If it does intend to pour all day tomorrow I plan on spending some much needed day-off time catching up on the massive load 'o books I've acquired this last week, which is sinful for a broke-ass bitch like I am but God bless it, I'm utterly bonky after re-reading the same five books for the last few weeks. Not that I couldn't keep laughing my ass off to A Confederacy Of Dunces over and over again for the rest of my natural life, but a gal's gotta broaden her horizons and all that. Oh, who am I kidding. See you in the funny papers! Yeah, I got a lot of graphic novels. Dems sum purdy pichures, dey is.

I need to up my exercise regime tomorrow. Maybe a long walk, and try to do some time on the new recumbent bike Joe just bought. The pedals are too far away from the seat, though, and I haven't been able to successfully slide the seat further in get my legs in closer, so I am quite literally recumbent in every way as I'm practically on my freakin' back in the seat trying to stretch my legs down to the pedals, and I have fairly long legs so you imagine how far back I'm reclining. I guess I'm working more muscles than I ever intended. Talk about feeling the burn.

Time for bed. Night, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home