Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lollipops And Heat Rash

I apologize for the delay in getting back to everyone. Being sick? Sucks. Actually I was technically down for about four days straight, and then by Wednesday I was sort of upright and sick, as I was more sick of being in bed for 46-hour stretches than being sniffly and fevery. But I was weak for several days, and with our air conditioning breaking down again at work I've felt miserable every day coming home, stripping naked, leaving my soaking work clothes littered on the floor, stretching out on my cool bed sheets and pretty much drooling onto my pillow until I have to do it all again the next morning, but with a lot less Dayquil involved. I am feeling considerably better today... except for my "mystery cancer", as I have come to call it. That mysterious pain in my left side that the doctors haven't a clue about, which fired up for the first time since November this past Tuesday, and then kicked in this afternoon at work, although to a lesser extent. Man, I am shoddy goods. Why am I falling apart like this? Who will want me for their softball team? Wait, what? Why did I ask that? Why do I care whose softball team I'm on? I don't like softball. Did I just take Nyquil instead of Dayquil again? This is why I shouldn't idly pick the labels off of all the medicine bottles when I'm busy talking on the phone with Leslie. Who might come to visit me next month! Holla.

Oh, and I got some nifty swell presents from a friend of mine that I met online, and I plan to take pictures and gloat about share them with you soon, but for now I'm exhausted and lacking in substantial content. Plus I owe everyone emails. In the meantime, here are some pics I took of the wall collages from inside my store's video warehouse. Customers never see this side of our store, so consider this a backstage pass. The lamest backstage pass you'll ever receive in your lifetime.


We get boatloads of promotional posters and dump bin displays and crap, so we have been known to take some artistic license with original copyrighted materials, seeing as how we're already breaking them down at the end of the period month. Personally, I think BloodRayne would have been much improved with gun-totin', boobalicious dancing penguins. Or maybe not.

I'm beginning to think that this originally came with the store. The giant red "S", that is. Ash and his hand, they can take their shenanigans outside.

I know there's a flash glare, but that's supposed to be the Metallica monster swallowing Tom Cruise. By the way, if you haven't seen Some Kind Of Monster yet, I highly recommend you check it out. If anything just to see a band full of arrogant pricks work out their hatred for each other with therapyspeak like "shame spirals" and trying hard not to hit each other. Talk about twenty years in the making!


Awwww. One of the very last "art" projects that Mary bestowed upon us before her last day this past Tuesday. Again, the flash glare obfuscates the pair of scissors jabbed into Robert Redford's gullet, with red Magic Marker blood for effect. One of our many daily constructive uses of company time and supplies. Watch and be amazed as video manager Miranda both holds the piece and deftly hides behind it... all at the same time!


The collage over Miranda's desk. Where she can sit, do her paperwork, text message me, and eyeball both Ric Flair AND Xena all at the same time. Well okay, just Xena. Between you and me, I have seen Ric Flair's naked backside. And when painting your living room walls, might I suggest some tasteful variety of Sherwin-Williams shade of white somwhere between "Egg Shell" and "Nature Boy's Ass".


These has been sitting behind the warehouse door for a month. I'm beginning to think I need to set out traps.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey sweetness, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so low. The poster madness is fun :)

Take care of yourself and get better!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home