Friday, June 06, 2008

Drink Up And Be Somebody

The Friday Five:

1. if you had to participate in one olympic event what would it be and why?
If you asked me back when I was 10 or 11, I would have said gymnastics, since I was taking them religiously then. Although I wasn't all that good on anything else but the floor, and maybe the balance beam. If you asked me when I was 13 or 14 I would have told you swimming, since I was on a local private club swim team and I could beat the trunks off most ladies with my mad freestylin' skills. But since you are asking me today, I am going to say, uh... the 100-meter cotton ball toss. Because I'm almost 40 years old and I've been practicing, bitches. Bring it on.

2. what is the one song you always sing along to?
"Minimum Wage" by They Might Be Giants

3. do you wear a seatbelt in the car?
Always in my car. Unless I'm in Joe's car, because his rarely comes all the way out of the slot. So I just tug on it and pretend that I am wearing it so passing cops won't pull us over. And they will find a reason to pull you over, I am sure. I remember the time Joe and I were sitting at a red light and he reached over and placed his hand on my breast. Then suddenly we hear a police siren and we turn and notice that there is a cop car in the lane next to us, pointing at us to roll down our window. Joe quickly jerked his hand off my breasts as if it burned him, shaking as if he had just been caught by my father instead of the cop. But the policeman just said, "I noticed that your front right tire needs air. Please pull over to the nearest gas station as soon as you are able." and then he drove away. Hrm, I don't know why this question made me thing of that. But oh well, wacky titty stories are always a hoot!

4. car, suv or truck and why?
Car. Or maybe a pick-up truck, but whichever does better on gas. The green side of me is a little bit interested in those Prius models, but I can settle for a small car that gets good mileage any day. I'd probably drive a Smart car just for the whole high hilarity factor, because like a friend of mine said they look just like garbage cans on wheels. Which makes me think of Oscar The Grouch. Which makes me smile.

5. are you a good/bad drive? explain
Er, maybe you need to explain the question better. Is that supposed to be a good or bad driver? I think I pass muster, although if you could hear me cursing up a storm inside the car at everybody else you'd think I'd be on the cusp of taking out small, defenseless honor roll students in back of soccer-momobiles. Maybe it's time I put my Q action figure back as my signature dashboard deity again.

3 Comments:

Blogger MostPeopleAreBlank said...

Really what I think myself and all your other readers are wondering is...when you sing "Minimum Wage" do you have your own whip to crack along with the song as well?!

7:55 PM  
Blogger x said...

I would like to do that Summer Olympic race where they walk around a track really fast and get disqualified for running. I guess it reminds me of the Ministry of Silly Walks.


I saw the music store post. Does the roof still leak?

cpg

11:27 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey cpg! Long time no idea if you're still alive. :)

Roof still leaks like a colander, but I don't quite know what they are planning to do for that yet. The huge light grid over the video section, as well as the giant
Planet Video" sign has been taken down (then again he don't sell video tapes anymore anyway), and we have light boxes all along the walls near the ceiling where I guess we'll be putting in album covers or heaven knows what else. And we get our new floor today. Or the start of it.

Dude, when are you coming back for a visit?

Pablo -- you cheeky monkey. ;)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home