Sunday, June 01, 2008

I Really Wish It Was Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Am I the only person left in the known universe that just doesn't get into The Family Guy? Okay, maybe one joke per episode might coax me to make an audible little "hrfff!" laugh escape from my throat, but honestly that's really about it. I mean the dog is kinda funny, and the Stewie baby with the dog often gets the most of those "hrff!" sounds outta me. But the show just feels so... forced. Like the writers reached into a mixed bag of random jokes of random laff factors and threw them against the wall as hard as they could and hope one of them will stick. And I've been trying, Yod help me I've been trying to understand what everybody else seems to get so easily. I have been watching the Adult Swim shows almost nightly for the past few weeks, hoping something will inspire me the way it does the kids these days. Am I old? Am I not "with it"? Is this the part in my encroaching old age where I throw up my hands to the youth of today and declare, "teach me what you know!" (this might explain the penchant for "grannie-panties" I've had since I was a whatnot).

In fact, that's what I'll do. Fans of the Guy, post about your favorite moment on the show, or better yet, a link to a youtube clip or something, so's I can see what you see, know what you know, and laugh. Hopefully, finally, once again, to laugh. Christ on a bicycle, I want to laugh at puerile humor! I do! Isn't it obvious?

(fart)

Hrff!

See?

2 Comments:

Blogger MostPeopleAreBlank said...

Here's a clip I think you will enjoy...check this link out:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103666

it's a clip from the South Park Episode "Cartoon Wars" where Cartman visits the Family Guy writers room and learns the true secret behind how episodes are written.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That is amazingly priceless! I never saw that South Park episode before (and I actually like South Park far more than Family Guy)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home