Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chicken Wings And Vanishing Point

No new Audio Junk last night, and maybe not for the next week or so as Joe is on radio hiatus for the summer. He wants to revamp and restructure the programming a bit, being that there's only so much to work with in our collection, vast as it already is. The show should return by early August, so hey -- everyone's got their Tuesday night's back! (hyuck hyuck)

I suppose my body is finally getting it through to my brain that I can't eat late in the evenings anymore. Not like I really have to begin with. Typically I eat nothing after 8pm because if I do my stomach hurts first thing the next morning. But this past Saturday night I stayed up all night watching movies and junking out, and my chest felt as if it would explode the entire day afterwards. Probably heartburn, but nothing like I had ever felt before in my life. I ate nothing the whole day until I went to a baseball game later that night with Joe and Al and had hot dogs, which didn't exactly make things any better. But that's it for me eating after dark, unless you wanna see the gremlin in me come out. And I look stupid in a mohawk. Or that is at least I think I would.

I will admit though that I have been eating bad food like a woman on a suicide mission these days, and it's safe to say that it's all stress-binging through and through. I'm still trying to sort out the horrid mess of insurance claims from my colonoscopy and everything leading up to that, and luckily my HR rep from the store is doing marvelously with everything she can. But I'd be lying if I said that the worry doesn't eat away at me every day. Last night I was even having nightmares about nosediving into debt, having to file bankruptcy like I did in 1994 over my gall bladder operation that my insurance didn't pay for -- after they had initially agreed to pay for it. Lately all I seem to crave is bread products, particularly baguettes, and cold coffee. And I've gained weight in the last few weeks which naturally exacerbates the stress. I spend so much thinking over money, and bills, and the job, that when it comes to food I'm just too tapped out to invest in so much thought when it comes to putting together my meager leftovers from the fridge. And the thing is that I like putting thought into my raw vegan diet, so when it gets down to the fact that I'm not even raw nor vegan for the time being it shows just how too mega stressed I've been to focus on what's important: Being healthy so that I don't have to go through the hospital claims rigmarole anymore.

Is being the weight I was three years ago really too much to ask, people?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anita said...

Cold Cofeee will fuck your stomach up so bad.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Actually it's been the one thing I feel like I can keep down these days. And I can't bring myself to drink hot coffee in this weather. Coffee over ice with soy milk really seems to hit the spot.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home