Monday, August 17, 2009

Adventures Close To Home

They'll make a Bobblehead out of anything these days:


Never been a GG Allin fan. I guess I understand what he was going for at the time, but at some point when does real life turn into performance art, then into contrivance? The only thing I used to own by GG was a bootleg video of one of his performances in New Orleans, to an audience of about five people, all with their backs pressed against the wall while GG put a bucket on his head and ran around in circles like... well, like a dog with a bucket stuck on its head. I laughed myself silly. Was I supposed to?
Actually the time I met Tesco Vee I remember him being a really, really nice guy. And he loves ABBA, and not in an ironic way, either. I love that he has it stitched to his pants and shoes on this one. What's not to love about a man whose tribute to The Beatles is entitled "1 Down, 3 To Go"? (although I suppose that title needs to be revised)
Given the achingly torturous choice of seeing The Dwarves and Basehead on the same night, I flipped a coin and went to Basehead. But about 90% of my friends attended the Dwarves show and the reports back where, well, considerably more hilarious than Basehead, who was great in his own right. But that was to be expected. Maybe someday when Basehead and the Dwarves realign on the same night, I'll... well, probably wind up seeing Basehead again. But not like anybody's gonna come around and make a Bobblehead out of him anytime soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anita said...

There needs to be a bobble head of Mr. COOL ICE.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh lawd, I forgot about him!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home