Friday, November 06, 2009

Digging Up Bones

I was just going over my photographs of Mike, Al, Hunter, and friends from last year's Trolling Bones Revue concert at the Norva when I discovered two things: one of which is that the event was just made into a documentary that will be shown at the Naro Cinema on Tuesday, December 22 at 9:30pm and Wednesday, December 23 at 11pm, apparently right after showings of It's A Wonderful Life. Two nights that I want to take off before I decide which night to attend. Don't know if I myself am in the movie yet or not (at least I was never given a model release form to sign, lol), but I'm sure a lot of people I know will be.

And two, Trolling Bones II is confirmed for Saturday, December 26 at 7pm, again at the Norva this year. Well, at least this time I'm familiar with three acts on the bill, even though I was never a big fan of one of them. And Tusko Fatale I think is the only other one that I remember seeing live back in the day, since I only heard Ted's old band Elvis From Hell on their cassette releases.
Still, the reason to go is to hang out and see old friends, people from the scene years ago, and reconnect with folks you thought died through the rumor mill or so forth. Sure, we're all in our forties and fifties now. But the best part of the first concert was running around a dark beer-reeking club like the twenty-something spazzes that we once were. (Are?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly Miltier said...

Thanks for taking notice of this year's Tidewater Alternative Music Subculture reunion events. As to the dates of the the film showing at the Naro, it will be there ONLY on Wednesday the 23rd at 930pm. There was a mixup in communication on my part as the dates were offered as the 22nd OR the 23rd that I misunderstood. This should make your decision easier and hope to meet you that Wednesday.
Also, as always seems to be the case, there has been a 'last minute' change in the lineup of the featured acts at the NorVA show on the 26th. Elvis From Hell has come up with a scheduling conflict and had to graciously bow out, and have been replaced on the bill by Dead Aim as the first act this year.
Any final details on both evnts should be covered in the Dec 15th issue of VEER magazine and the usual press.
Thanks for your fine support. The Tidewater music scene has always needed, and continues to need, all it can muster.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you, Kelly! That really does make things easier as far as deciding when to go. :) And Heard about the Elvis From Hell cancellation from Ted Dean, which is a shame. I still would love to see them one day!

And thank you for all that you've done in preserving the local scene. I can't wait to see the film!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home