Saturday, May 08, 2010

Les Fleurs Du Mommy

I placed an order for one of these cakes yesterday for Mother's Day, specifically the top left one with the purple, yellow, and white flowers. Basically it's yellow cake with chocolate cake "dirt" crumbles and icing roses, make in a real flower pot. My mother's a freak about flowers this time of year and I figured she already has what she wants and needs for her springtime backyard gardening. Giving her a cake in a real terra cotta pot will at least give her, uh... a new pot?

A lot of fantastic used product came in this past week, including a Criterion print of 1928 The Passion Of Joan Of Arc, which I practically got for free with my discount. And yes, Carl Dreyer's film is an unmistakable work of art -- BUT the REAL score yesterday was a used copy of the long out-of-print volume two of Chris Elliott's surreal 1990 TV comedy series Get A Life, which I have posted about before but was my favorite comedy program back around that time in the pre-irony saturated 90's. And as for an comparison in terms of artistic merit with the former subject matter, here's a scene from volume two of Get A Life. Elliott's no Maria Falconetti, but... c'mon, you can't deny that were not touched by his performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home