Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Between Orchids Lilies Blind Eyes And Cricket

For the last several weeks (months?) I have had this incredible nostalgic urge to go back to Hilton Head Island again before the summer is finished. To be able to ride a bike through Harbourtown and see how much has changed since I was last there in the early 1980s. But the more I think about it the more I realize that I don't miss Hilton Head so much as I miss Hilton Head in the early 80's, and sadly I don't think I can ever go back to that place where I could hang out at the water park and play Donkey Kong while "Somebody's Baby" by Jackson Browne plays over the piped-in radio and then slide down the flume without my boobies falling out of my bathing suit because they were still mere D cups back then (okay, they only fell out a few times).

I suppose I'm more nostalgic for a place and time rather than just a place. Although I suppose the great thing about the present is that there is always a chance to go there and conjure up new memories to be nostalgic about in the future. Gad, now depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home