Monday, August 01, 2005

Issues, Repeatedly

So here's the rub. I'm still in the process of trying to buy a house, but the market is insane right now, and I've been outbid on everything that I've bid for. I need more money, but I'm not getting it from where I work, and it's now doubtful that I ever will.

But if I get another job now then I'll probably have to wait another year before I can apply for a new homeowner's loan, since they told me that changing jobs, unless it's within the same line of work, doesn't look good on your credit report and you have to prove that you're going to stick it out with your new job long enough to be able to cover your loan. I love the job. I like what I do. But there's not much in this town that can be considered the same line of work that pays any more than what I'm making now.

So do I wait until I finally get a house before I look for a new job? Or am I just finding new ways to procrastinate so I don't have to leave the job that I love.

Gah. Sigh.

In other news, it's 9:00am and I really want some Thai food.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until BRAC decides to close Oceana. If so, realtors will be desperate for anyone to buy houses. In theory, it should turn into a buyers market. Of course, if Oceana stays then...keep trying.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

So is that still a possibility, the whole dismantling of Oceana? I heard rumors but I wasn't certain. The main reason I want to move is because I am right under their flight path, and it goes on all day and night.

It's crazy how competitive it is out there. It's discouraging, but the hope of possibilty keeps me going...

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As with all things BRAC, it's all up in the air. Final list won't be announced until later this year (October, I think). But I'm sure there will be no tears in the Melpster household if the jets gotta go. Just think, you'll be able to hear the TV again.

BTW, you guys just looking in VB or other cities as well?

9:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

We've mostly looked in VB, since it's near where we both work, but we're willing to move anywhere if it's a good investment. Our favorite preference is Norfolk, in the Ghent area which we used to love. I'll take the warm, organic trains sounds at night over the high pitched, white-noise shriek of planes any day!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home