Thursday, August 04, 2005

It Does A Service

As promised, some of the delights that only good ol' fashioned snail mail can offer.


Received the CD Extra Fancy, the new album by Vance's new band The Famous Pies. I was a little surprised that Vance sent it to my parents' house since I pretty much always thought that my paypal had my home address on it, so it was a little spooky to hear that this arrived at my mom 'n dad's instead of here. Either way... yay! I have already heard most of the songs on this disk but I'm going to give it a listen and see how it sounds overall, and if there are any different versions here than what I've heard as MP3s online.


Also a package from Amazon containing the CD What We Must by Jaga Jazzist, whom I have heard nothing but good things. Or, well, at least interesting things. Jazz-fusion-electronica-rock kind of affair, from what I hear, although I think this particular album may have the band veering off more into rock due to the addition of more guitar in the mix. Another one that will be getting a lot of play this week as I take it in and I'll try and get back to this with more later.


And lastly The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics by Robert Crumb, Aline Kominsky-Crumb, and Sophie Crumb. The Crumb clan's compilation of combined work, crossing their styles and characters together on the same page, having them interact with each other as they tell their autobiographical tales of American expats learning to assimilate in France as well as getting along with each other. I love all three of these artists' work and I look forward to exploring this venture together.

Oh, and I got the latest DVD from "Papa", but certain laws of the land won't let me post the box cover. Let's just say that, uhhh... it was the first thing I cracked open this afternoon. Nyahaha-HA! :-)

Okay I'm pooped. For for Tor to go to bed...

zzzzzzzzuhhhh.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Not really digging the famous pies album cover.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever read/seen the Pathetic Geek Stories comic? I love those!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree. not digging that cover. kind of...lame.-emily

2:29 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I think the Jagga Jazzist album cover is uglier than the Pies' one myself.

Erin, can youget those Pathetic Geek Stories online? Or are they in comic book form only? I'd be interested in checking them out?

Have you ever read the comic Strangers In Paradise? For some reason I always think of you when I read it and whether or not you'd like it. They sometimes make references to Tori songs in it.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Eh, at leat it looks like they put the effort in the Jagga one. The Famous Pies one looks like it took 15 minutes to do in photoshop.

I hope Vance doesn't read this...

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home