Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Seductress Of Bums

Man, I SO rule. I sold my Wanda Jackson employee pick today. A guy came in looking for rockabilly and I was like, "Dude... Wanda." and foisted it all upon his person. And nothing... nothing beats the thrill of standing there (im)patiently while your customer puts on those headphones and starts playing your recommendation over the listening station, watching their face carefully morph from an expression of bland expectation, to wide-eyed surprise, then their smile greets you and you know you have them in your power from that moment on. It is a true better than sex moment. After he left I made a complete spectacle of myself. I was doing that very lame "Yessss!" arm jerk at work all throughout the rest of the day. Someone really should have just walked up and punched me.

So now I put up Faithless' new greatest hits album, Forever Faithless. Can I suck up to the Danceteria types? Ho HO! Jus' watch meh.

{{{cracking knuckles}}}

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got someone to rent Oldboy- that feeling is the neatest- better than upselling and one reason I still can sort of do my job with a straightface

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home