Saturday, August 06, 2005

Use Your Illusion

It's been too hot to type. I'm sitting here in a pair of shorts and a bra just trying to cool down. Oooo, sexay (not). I know, how lame is that. Too hot to type? But my fingers bloat up like fat lil' weenies when it's particularly sticky outside and touching anything can give me the squiggens like hearing the squeaky sounds of somebody squeeze a water balloon (wow alliteration ad nauseam!). This kind of heat reminds me of the summer of 1988 when I was living on my old college campus in an old apartment building, with temperatures nearly 100 degrees every day and no AC except for three rotating table fans, plenty of ice cubes, and copious cold showers. Since I was the only one on campus living on the second floor apartment I was able to pretty much walk around the joint starkers without much worry of being seen, until that one day I was sitting in the living room chair wearing nothing but the morning paper on my lap when I just happened to look up and there was H.B., an African exchange student that I knew from the previous school year, just standing there quietly at the open front door smiling with his hands behind his back, and hadn't bothered to make his presence known until I noticed him standing there so heaven knows how long that was. I pretty much wrapped the newspaper around me as I demurely side-stepped out of the room to put on some clothes. So basically ever since then I try to keep my britches on no matter how much of a hermit I believe that I may be. Plus no more traumatizing the neighbors so no petitions to get that painted hussy in Apt #432 out of their fine upstanding community.

Other than that I have to say that my spirits have been soaring this past week. Amazing how far I've come since the first day I started this blog over a week ago feeling like poo, and how much things have been improving so rapidly since. Maybe it's just because I have an outlet again. Or maybe it's the support I've gotten. Or just the good week in general that I've had. Sure things haven't fixed themselves financially, and there's the ever continuing drama at work... but it's the little things this week that have been doing it for me. All the exercise I've done (walking and running is a real stress reliever) which helped me lose the 5 lbs I gained last week, and rewarding myself with some swell CDs and comix, and the possible promise of a big business trip to Europe in October (nothing official yet!) I kind of feel like kicking up my heels right this minute. I'm feelin' quite thuh goddess -- smartsexytalentedcompetent -- and no I am aware that this is just an illusion brought on by the endorphin high from a long walk (and possibly a little heat stroke mixed in there) but it doesn't really matter when you feel this good how things really are. I'll be better prepared to face all that other crap I gotta sort through when I'm experiencing this level of invincibility right at this moment.

Aw, fiddlesticks. I'm takin' the bra off as well. Wheee!

{{{{whips it off}}}

Oof!

{{{straps it back on}}}

'Kay, bad idea. Let's not go nuts now, shall we.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. I usually type while donning shorts and bra, but then my boss reminded me that it's not dress code. Sigh.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

LOL... man, TM sure has lightened up since I last left!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home