Saturday, September 03, 2005

My Instincts Tell Me To Keep Breathing

Just realized that I was a day early in posting my birthday greeting to Vance yesterday. Can't believe I forgot the day that was once forever etched into my little pea brain. Shows where my head's been at these days.

Been too depressed to post about anything music-y. After flipping from CNN to CNN Headline News, to MSNBC to Fox News, to network prime time to local crapnews, I have to turn the TV set off for good. I cannot bear another sad image from New Orleans and areas down south. I don't even think I want to turn on my computer for a few days right now because every new image on my AOL homepage is one of death and destruction, of shooting and sobbing and desperation. Every online community where I hang out there is nothing but new reports rolling in. I don't blame anybody for wanting to discuss it. I mean, it's all that's been on my mind all week myself. It's all I speak about with my friends, my co-workers, and the cashier lady at my regular grocery store. And I still haven't heard back from David yet.

I just can't stomach any more images right now. I'm certain in a few more hours I'll have the telly back on and checking back in for updates. But right now I need a break from all the misery. Yeah, I'm sure those poor, homeless folks down there would like a moment's break from all this misery, too. That's what makes me feel even more guilty. Because I still have that luxury. For now.

Well, as a diversion, here's something of musical interest. Finally -- and now officially -- Kate Bush breaks her 12 year album drought with a new double disk called Aerial on November 8th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home