Tuesday, December 27, 2005

How's The Reception On That Thing?

It has come to my attention that I probably haven't shown off any more toy collections from around La Casa de Melpster since maybe around the early part of the year during my piano gang photo shoot. So in honor of Lack Of Substantive Content Week here today I feature the "TV Gang", the usual cast of extras who sit atop my living room television cabinet whilst I watches me some telly.



Group photo here, and by the way I apologize in advance for the inexplicable fuzziness of the photos in this and all following photos. I don't know why sometimes my digital just won't cooperate on random days. I mean there is probably a very reasonable explanation for it all but I guess I'm either too much of a yutz to figure it out or just too apathetic to care. Anyway, in case you're wondering that is indeed a genuine Go-Video Image dual deck VCR that comes with its own built-in digital stabilizer so when it comes to VHS I can laugh boisterously in the face of Macrovision (oooo, but don't tell anyone, shhhh!). I just say this because I think you can't get these on the market anymore for just that very reason. I may be wrong though, but I have a friend who has been questing for one just like mine and he says it appears they stopped making them. I suppose that means I'm SOL if mine finally croaks one day (and as blessed old as it is the clock is ticking). That's why I keep it surrounded by so many worthy little sentinels, their non-stop 24-7 vigil a comfort to me as I sleep with an easy mind each night. I mean who the hell's gonna fuck with the Quisp Cereal corporate mascot bobblehead and... and Sigmund the Friggin' Sea Monster? Bring it on, suckas. So anyway...



... on the Talk Show Showdown! To our left we have Space Ghost. He has a gleaming red desk, a wicked ripped torso, and ummm uhh, a coffee mug that won't stop vibrating off onto the floor for some reason. And to our right we have Nat X. He, ummm, also has a gleaming red desk, a wicked ripped afro, and he appears to be able to raise his fist higher in defiance than Space Ghost can so I guess Nat X takes the prize in the who-can-stick-it-to-the-man attitude most righteously. Which is in my opinion what the whole talk show format is really all about. In your face, Carson Daly.



Nertz. I wish this just wasn't so dang blurry. Then again you probably still couldn't be able to tell that Frankenstein's monster is holding a flaming torch in one hand (Why does he come with a flaming torch anyway? Fire not bad anymore?) and a copy of the Sexy Dictionary in the other, which originally came with my Austin Powers action figure but fits much better in Frank's hands. And you know, since he started sportin' that "Cesar cut" and stylish leather jacket and black dickey ensemble I think he's been bringin' Teh Sexay quite nicely and if it were just (grrr) a better snapshot you could see what I'm talkin' about. Anyway, yeah. Frankenstein's monster. Sexy Dictionary. *I* thought it was funny.



Joe's late grandmother passed on a few knick-knacks from her extensive travels, like nesting dolls from Russia and er, some little Asian boy crying or something. They're cute, tho. Cheaply made touristy doodads made in foreign countries nestled in with the fine, detailed, intricate craftmanship of action figures that were, ah, also probably made in foreign countries. Adds a little exotic worldly flair to our uppity bourgeois American lifestyle. Too bad that none of them fit into the Mach 5 with Duke and Mr. T, though.



I have been informed that this porcelain turkey salt shaker is gay. Gay as in "perfers the company of other male turkeys" according to my gay friend Sef who gave it to me. Fine by me. Hey, I'm all for diversity and whatnot. We're all one big beautiful rainbow of blah blah and yada yada, but damn if this means I need to find another gay turkey for his partner because I have no idea where you buy gay turkeys, and as is his custom Sef never tells me where he buys these things either. Let's see, the Eiffel Tower snow globe Joe bought when we were in Paris several years ago, and, ah... okay, what the heck is that big macho thing with the giant kegger on his back? How embarrassing its it that I don't even know what half the action figures that I own are? I just get them because I think they look cool. If someone knows please post a comment or something because I'm tired of looking like a jackass every time somebody inquires about that piece (or about half the pieces surrounding me while I'm at it -- I might be making multiple photo posts in the near future of unidentifiable figurines and whatits now that I'm thinking about. Ahh sweet, liberating, dignity restoring technology).



On that note let me leave you now with the Square-Off 'O The Stings. Mr. "I WILL kill him!" Gordon "Feyd" Sumner vs the Two Faces of Steve Borden -- blonde totally 80's lookin' Day-Glo pink-n-blue and fiercely lame, and leather-clad still totally 80's lookin' gothwanker and pretty much just as lame on a whole 'nuther level -- WHO WILL WIN?? WHO WILL CARE????? Besides me that is. For you see, I live for this kind of shit. Yep, the party at my crib pretty much never stops. Sigh.

Tune in next week time I do something like this and see if Captain Kirk can beat Holly Golightly in a Jell-O wrestling competition in the bathtub. Or something like that.

Peace out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat is de beste manier om met dit te gaan?Adios, Karry wedding gowns

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home