Friday, January 13, 2006

After The Fall

Am I the only one somewhat nonplussed to see that the first Klaus Nomi album is still available on CD these days? As an import, that is. I was wondering if they were going to release it domestically again since the DVD to The Nomi Song came out a couple of years ago, which by the way I most highly recommend.

This was his first album, wasn't it? It's been awhile since I saw the movie. Well, if you count last summer as awhile.

Did anybody out there ever own it back when it came out in the early 80's? I suppose my question is, is it worth owning on CD now? I reckon only if operatic synth-pop is my bag. Thing is, I'm not sure if it is my, er, bag or not. But ever since I saw the film I can't quite get that... that voice outta my bean.

I know I have the old Saturday Night Live appearance with him and David Bowie somewhere in tape. But I'd love to find a link online. Anyone know a good SNL archive? Yeah, a good one? One that doesn't just have a bazillion downloads for the already played-out Narnia rap?

For those who may not remember, or just need a bit 'o remindin', here's Wikipedia's write-up on Klaus Nomi.

Also, check out this animated tribute. You get to absorb a smidge of Nomi's must-be-heard-to-be-believed tenor acrobatics. Click on each individual Klaus for the full-on in yo' face KLAUS NOMI EXPERIENCE!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

>>I know I have the old Saturday Night Live appearance with him and David Bowie somewhere in tape. But I'd love to find a link online. Anyone know a good SNL archive? Yeah, a good one? One that doesn't just have a bazillion downloads for the already played-out Narnia rap?
<<

Do you have a file sharing program such as Kazza or Limewire? Maybe you can find it there and upload it on yousendit.com so your readers can see it.

I too am getting tired of the Narnia rap. I'm taking it off my ipod Shuffle tonight.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home