Thursday, February 23, 2006

How To Put Your Budgie Down

I'm really sorry for the lack of music-related posts over the past few weeks. I've been such a basket case over the whole house-buying inanity and I know that has to get pretty damn boring to read just about every over day. Yeah, I realize that it's generally pretty dull around here anyway, but every once in awhile I need to remember that there are hobbies and other diversions that usually help with the whole filtering out of the real world on occasion. Not that I typically have any trouble filtering out the real world most of the time.

I do have some music-y stuff coming up in the near future. It's just that I've been up since 5am and I'm a little too stressed out and blurry-eyed to dissertate. For now I'm participating in one of those endlessly attention-diverting music memes on the web and putting my iPod on random shuffle, then writing down the first 20 tracks as they play in a row. And, like, no cheating and whatnot:

1. Intro - Bad Brains
2. The Heavens - The Raveonettes
3. Wildflowers - The Holy Mackerel
4. Shostak Ombrich - Ruins
5. All Of Me - Big Daddy Kane
6. So It Goes - Nick Lowe
7. Angel Of Death - Slayer
8. Hot Ride - The Cold
9. Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens - Louis Jordan
10. Auf der Rip - Lisa Ward
11. Outer Space Girls - Spice Girls
12. When Problems Arise - Fishbone
13. Willie Nelson (Remake Take 2) - Miles Davis
14. I'll Go Crazy - James Brown
15. Downtown (demo version) - The Cold
16. I Got Dat Feeling - DJ Kool
17. Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
18. No Black Mutherfuckers In The House - Prince
19. Nothung Pt. 2 - Peter Brötzmann, William Parker, and Michael Wertmüller
20. Black Slacks - Robert Gordon & Danny Gatton

Eh, not exactly my most diverse random selection. Then again how often does one get to hear Alpine yodelling five songs after Big Daddy Kane? (Big Daddy Kane, BTW, is the mack daddy and may wind up one day becoming the future Mr. Melissa Pittman, if I can help it).

And yes, I like a Spice Girls song. ONE Spice Girls song. I suppose whatever cred I once had just got shot out of a canon without a parachute. But hey, just keepin' it real, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home