Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Land Of Doesn't Have To Be


I own a lot of CDs. Yes, on top of all the vinyl and rickety old cassettes and the 7 or 8 non-functioning thrift store 8-tracks in my possession, I have just as many if decidedly more CDs than all of that combined. In short, I own a LOT of CDs. And yet for all the CDs that have come and gone over the years, the ones I've either sold or given away, the ones that were either stolen by filthy stinkin' former roommates or made into coasters or ineffectual make-shift sailboats for Weebles, I still to this day own the very first compact disk I ever acquired. The CD single to "Sugar Free" by Wa Wa Nee.

Yep, there it is in all it's hideous pre-photoshop promo-only glory. How the heck did I get this? I was a freshman in college working at the "campus radio station" (and by "radio station" I mean "CD player and FM transmitter hooked up in my friend Jay's dorm room") and I think I came out on the losing end of that old childhood game "You're Stuck With It" where you keep trying to pass some unanimously agreed-upon undesirable object onto an unsuspecting person and they as a result are "stuck with it" until they can trick someone else into taking it off their hands. As far as what I know about them, they were an Aussie band, this single came out around 1987 or 88, and about 5 seconds into the song you'll feel strangely compelled to spork your own eyes out one by one. And yet I still own it. In fact, as it clearly states right on the cover, I even own the 12" version of this big stinker. Glutton for punishment, much?

Anyways, ENJOY!!!!!

Sugar Free by Wa Wa Nee (m4a file)

Available for 7 days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Hey, you got you send it to work. I can only get it to work using Mozilla Firefox on my old PC.

Maybe when I get my used iBook in the mail this week it will have a newer version of Safari on it so I can download again. Or I'll just download Mozilla for it since this computer will be stable.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home