Sunday, September 24, 2006

No Sex, No Sustenance, No Lean Cuisines

My Muslim friend Khalid informs me today that yesterday was the start of Ramadan, and he had asked me to go through the first day of Ramadan with him and fast. And here I thought it started on Tuesday so of course I went out and chowed down with Dad and family last night, and I've already eaten today so that pretty much blows both my first and second day of Ramadan, so color me suck-ass at solidarity. And here I had originally offered to go through it longer than one day with him but he insisted that all he'd like for me to do is try it for one day. "It will really purify your body and soul, Melly." he explains. "Sometimes abstaining is good for you." Heck, if that boy poor can go the whole month without his precious cigs, then I can suck up a day without my green tea, can't I? Can't I???

So I shall hereby start tomorrow. No food, water, or uh, other pleasures of the flesh (gadzooks) for the entire daylight hours of September 25th, and if I can, maybe longer. I used to fast occasionally one day a week back in high school, so it stands to reason I can take a stab at it again. But damn... no water? I get hella dehydrated at work all the time. And I am one water drinkin' fool. I guess I'll have a cup of coffee and a bagel (Jewish food on Ramadan?) before sunrise tomorrow before I drive Joe to work. But, hmmm. All pleasures of the flesh? I guess I better stow away the Steve Holmes movies for about 48 hours.

*moaaaan* This is gonna be brutal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home