Monday, January 29, 2007

I Painted My Teeth

I just placed my ticket order to see Jandek in Richmond on March 11th. Yes, that Jandek. I've been corresponding with an intriguing gentleman from myspace (yes, there are actual gentleman on myspace) who booked the show, which means yes, he actually got to talk to Jandek on the phone. So I figure, well, better to see him now before he sees his own shadow and finally evaporates for good this time. You know how these enigmas are prone to be.

I'm actually surprised that there were still ticket available. I got two in case Joe wanted to come along, but if he can't make it maybe I'll see if Leslie in Richmond wants to join me, since we haven't hung out in ages. If she can't either... well, I gots an extra ticket. Anyone wanna share my company? A few drinks, light conversation, and outsider music?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Hey Melissa, if you can't find another taker, I'd be interested in going. Not sure if I'll be able to because it's a three hour drive from where I live and this is the heaviest time of the year for my job, but I want to see the 'dek at least once. I'd happily reimburse the cost of the ticket, of course.

(this is Elston from the sadly deceased spitgroove, btw)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Elston!! My God, man. It's good to hear from you again! How have yo been?

If either Joe or Leslie can't go I would love to give you my spare ticket. I just have to wait and figure out the plan and whether Joe decides if he wants to go (I don't think he does but if he changes his mind you never know).

I would love to see you at the show either way. I bought my tickets through this page if you were looking for a link. They may still have more.

Drop me a line sometime and tell me what's up! Do you still have my address? (castellanosmelp@aol.com)

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home