Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Silver And Orange


Call me sad (go on, you know you're thinking it) but I love working on my used CD endcap every week at my store. Each Wednesday rolls around and it's "Wheeee! Time to change out my weekly used CD endcap!" and then I get to stand back and admire my own fearful symmetry, my clever positioning of the Sex Pistols next to the Sugar Hill Gang. Appreciating the sweet cheese of the Against All Odds soundtrack next to the last great Public Enemy CD. Having the creative audacity of placing execrable crap like Daughtry on the same waterfall as Stiff Little Fingers. And I gotta represent my Prince Rogers Nelson, of course. And you know, I had today off, which means I have to change my endcap on Thursday instead of Wednesday, and you know, it just throws my whole week off, dad blastit. Regulars were probably coming in all day today going, "What the... JOCK JAMS IS STILL UP HERE?? What the fuck, yo? Somebody's slackin', the flippin' frackin' slackin' gallowsbird bitches! This throws my whole blasted week off. And I'm sorry, Bucky Covington?? Fuck this noise, I'm out..." and then that overwhelming sense of failure will descend upon me once again and I'll spend my lunch break at the Barnes & Noble cafe next door crying into my Starbucks Frappuccino®. Eghads. I really, really need a new job. I simply can't wait for my week off. GASP! Who will do the used CD endcap while I'm away? Bloody hell, people. When does it end? When when WHEN????
You know what cheers me up, though? JESUS CAT!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger x said...

mindfuck'em

8:47 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Chris!!!

Heee!!!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to take pride in your work and 'on the seventh day' you can rest! Oh, that nicely dovetails into the 'Jesus Cat' deal! Ah yes, the Lord soytainlee woirks in misteereus ways, but how do you turn the danged video off? I must have sat here for a full three minutes before it registered that it was an eternal loop. Serves me right for digging the soundtrack too much. That cat sure has moves, Yo!

El Gee

4:16 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

We used to have a display like this for our cds at the library. They were these little pockets that you insert CD's in. I always put the CD's nobody ever checked out, the new releases, and the ones with pretty covers on the display. I even made a new sign for it.

When I left the library nobody ever touched the display again.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home