Monday, October 08, 2007

Industrial Strength

I guess I really should be collecting these new Doctor Who series as they're coming out on DVD. I know S. has been watching it, and a few other friends, but damn if I'm barely caught up with Heroes yet, or even viewed a fraction of the new Battlestar Galactica, even though I have the first seasons of both sitting in a stack of stuff ready to be, well, viewed. I think I've probably watched less TV this year than I may have ever had in the last 5 or so, and it's not that I'm not interested in what might be out there (i.e. Heroes, The Doctor, etc) but just that I find myself passing out within minutes of any television show as of late. Damn if I ever remember how last season's Lost ended since I think I zonked out about halfway through. Then again a part of me feels like, feh, what did I miss anyway. I want something really, really good to turn my head again. And well, I gotta say this is been pretty darn engaging so far...


Peepshow is a British sitcom of sorts where the audience is privy to the inner thoughts of its two protagonists -- that being flatmates Jeremy, who aspires to be a techno pop star, and little else -- and Mark, his sad sack cubicle-jockey buddy. My darling guru 'o coolness El Gee sent it to me from across the pond and I've been enjoying it immensely, or that is I did enjoy it immensely because I've actually finished watching it last night and only fell asleep through one episode, which speaks volumes of how much I was willing to slap myself in the face to stay awake for every rib-tickling moment on the screen. Getting the second season soon. I hope El-to-the-Gee likes the "MSTied" version of Manos The Hands Of Fate I'm planning on sending him in return (now that's zonking out!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pleasure, as always, is all mine...

El Gee

5:11 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You get me into the most intriguing things, mon ami. :)

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home