Saturday, December 22, 2007

Schedule

Mon 24: 10-6:30
Wed 26: 3-cl
Thur 27: 10-5
Fri 28: 9-5
Sat 29: 3-cl

How could one not expect the final Saturday before Christmas to be a nine hour non-stop exercise in consumer futility, desperately scrambling for baffling things that people desperately need three days before they are supposed to be giving it to someone else, and how surprised they are to discover that no one in town has it anymore since most retailers won't be receiving any more shipments of anything until after the holidays? How did I survive it all on less than four hours sleep and a wicked bladder infection? I don't know... uh, confidentially, I don't think I did. Which is why I'm home right now missing the undoubtedly hilarious Toys For Tots wrestling event downtown with Joe and the gang while chugging cranberry juice and watching The 40 Year Old Virgin on the USA network for the umpteenth time. Mother of Yod, I'm grateful I don't have to work tomorrow. Although Christmas Eve, if the past is any indicator, promises to be even nuttier. And by association, so will I.



So I'm tired. Gonna go back to my movie now. In the meantime in keeping with the spirit of the musical countdown to Christmas whatsit here's another track off of Willie Colón's Asalto Navideno album. My favorite, actually. A live version of "La Murga" which I think means "street band" or something like that, I can't remember. Three years of Spanish class in high school and all I can remember how to say is "The cow passes in front of the house", which actually comes in more handy to know more often than you'd think. Anyway, enjoy the tunes. I'm gonna go figure out my new-fangled dishwasher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home