Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Burning Eyelids Give You So Much More

I helped Timbaland in the world music section today. Not that it isn't any big surprise to see Timbaland in my store from time to time, being from this town and all, and both he and Pharrell Williams pop in on alternating months almost continuously. But I never had Timbaland approach me needing my help before. And what a coincidence that his appearance today also happened to coincide with the release of an album that helped produce, Tha Carter 3 by Lil' Wayne, which was the hottest thing selling out of our store since we sold Wii systems during Christmastime. People were actually lined up outside the store an hour before we opened waiting to get a copy, and people were calling all morning trying to reserve multiple copies, and I had to replenish the front racks almost continuously throughout the day. I mean I knew it was going to be big, but I didn't expect this kind of wackiness, despite how many times this album had been pushed back, and how the single to "Lollipop" should probably be played out by now. Although I had never heard it myself until today (and frankly I can't see the appeal). Still, days like today remind me of how it can be kind of exciting to work in a place like this, when we have people there actually excited to be there, to be buying a CD, to watch it fly off the shelves. I admit though, I was personally pushing the new N.E.R.D. CD all day, playing it instore all afternoon as opposed to any Lil' Wayne whatsoever. Oh! I wonder if Timbaland heard me playing Pharrell while he was in the store today. Snerk.

Sorry I'm out of it this evening. I'm having one of those table-for-one pity parties for myself tonight -- a moment of weakness when I get frustrated when everything appears hopeless, yada yada. One of those "I need a hug" kinda nights. You know, we all have 'em. I promise something more substantial next time. I have new music! And it's actually good! *cabbage patch*

Get some sleep. , my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home