Friday, August 29, 2008

And Moreso...

I gulped down that bitter ball of pride in my throat and took the company's offer of part-time work, with part-time insurance without benefits. The more I thought about it, the more I talked to my friends and family, working part-time while finding a new job is much better than being jobless with no unemployment money coming in and having to pay out of pocket for COBRA while searching for new work. Dear God, I held it together the entire time I filled out my new part-time insurance forms, but I went straight home and bawled. I haven't cried this hard since my grandmother died. All that hard work. All that.... God... I don't even want to think about it.

Thanks to everyone who talked me down from my hysteria tree this afternoon, and I'm sorry for all the phone calls and panic-stricken emails. You all know what you're worth to me. I love you.

Welp. Ahh... anybody need a washed-up middle-aged single white female who knows everything from Snoop Dogg to The Bonzo Dog Band? Clean, dependable, doesn't eat much, won't be in your way, and has her own transportation. Wow, easiest resume I ever wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home