Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drowning On Dry Land


It seems that some benevolent soul over at kindertrauma has already weighed in on my movie-findin' dilemma. They seem to think unequivocally that the picture I'm looking for is Five, written and directed byscreenwriter, novelist and filmmaker Arch Oboler, also famed as the voice for NBC's horror radio show Light's Out in the 1930's. Reading this synopsis it really seems to be exactly the film that I was looking for, only... well, this picture came out in 1951, and it's in black and white, while I seem to remember the flick I saw being in color, and looking more like something vaguely modern day ("modern day" being the 1970's, around when I first saw it). Then again that could be the fractured childhood memories filling in the blanks where accurate recollection has failed. Much like the memory of my breasts growing super huge in the middle of one night and nearly crushing me in my sleep (um, wait a minute...)

Now, how do I find this movie?

It's not on DVD, which doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that it's not on VHS either, or at least not on eBay, Amazon, or otherwise in any format. Nothing on youtube, either. I see that it has played on TCM once or twice in recent years, so I guess it's still making the occasional rounds on cable and whatnot. Has anybody out there seen this movie? Can anybody recall the dialogue between the man and woman during the scene where the baby dies? Movie trailer? Screen caps? Bittorrent? Gggnnnnaaahhh? *pulling hair*

I'll make a trade for a copy. Pleeeease? *bats eyes*

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's coming to DVD on February 3, 2009.

http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_item.asp?partner_id=10007594&item_id=1439888

3:19 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Wow... thank you, sir!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home