Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Better With Time

And here I thought drinking the magnesium citrate would be the worst part of the colonoscopy prep. Not that it wasn't perfectly vile.

But Christ alive.... 4 ounces of Miralax in 32 ounces of GATORADE? There has never been a worse torture. I flippin' LOATHE Gatorade, and I've never drank 32 ounces of anything in one sitting in my life, not even water. And here I am at four o'clock in the morning, getting up early to drink another 32 ounces of Gatorade again. I've poured it into a giant ice tea pitcher and gulping it in heroic increments with my nose pinched. No wonder my mother threw up the first time she did this. How the hell do people actually drink this funky shit for enjoyment? I doubt I'll be able to watch another sporting event in my life if I have to catch a glimpse of an athlete on the sidelines splashing this over his face. Not like I watch much sports on TV anyway.

Leaving for my colonoscopy/endoscopy in about 3 hours. Wish me luck and all that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anita said...

Which gatorade did you try? I like fruit punch and lemonlime. All the other crazy flavors just taste too much like koolaid to me.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

It was the lemon lime stuff, I'm pretty sure. I wasn't allowed to have any liquids with red dye in them before the procedure.

I just never really warmed up to Gatorade for as far back as I can remember. I think the high volume of sodium in it always made my stomach turn, especially since I don't drink much of anything with sodium in it.

Maybe I'd be willing to try it again sometimes when I don't have to chug 32 oz bottles, which is more fluid than I'm used to drinking in one sitting. Not to mention there was about 4 oz of powered laxative mixed into it.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home