Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mongoloid Middle America

Tomorrow is National Record Store Day, so I encourage you all... please... visit your local independent music store retailer. Visit any place but mine. No, really. Not mine. Go someplace else. Go to Skinnie's (tell Steve I said hi). Or to Fantasy (tell Mitch I said hi). Or Birdland, please! (tell Barry I said hi) Or.. God, is that it around here these days? I think Volume Music closed or is closing, and I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't gone out to visit Drew at Unicorn Records to see if it's even out there anymore. See? Even I need a swift kick every once in awhile. So yeah, you all go do that. Not that I think it will help the industry. But it will probably be the last time you get to do this kind of thing before they all go away. Something to bore your grandchildren with one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home