Saturday, May 02, 2009

Distractions

How much sugar is in it?

Fascinating. And I love the use of sugar cubes to put it all into perspective. Interesting that one Healthy Valley organic cereal bar has the same amount of sugar in it as a regular Nutrigrain bar of the same size. And both of them are bigger sugar bombs than one Pillsbury Toaster Strudel.

Whoa, dude.

Welp, there goes my whole bloody organic weltanschauung, right? Naaah, only kidding. Just read the labels, my friends. Nothing wrong with a toaster strudel every once in awhile.

Then again I haven't had a toaster strudel in years. Makes me kinda want one. Right now.

*urgeforsugarrising....RISING!*

Must... get.... to.... watermelon... in... friiiiidge....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anita said...

I always knew toaster strudels were healthier!

I was surprised at what "little" sugar the energy drinks had.

The sugar in the orange juice was shocking ... is a lot of that some sort of natural sugar? The fruits on the site seem to have a lot of sugar too, that's kinda sad.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh orange juice is a disaster. You may as well drink liquid candy bars for all the nutrition it gives you. The juice is so factory processed, and then preserved in gallons of sugar, it's practically disgusting. And fruit always has had lots of sugar in it, though its more fructose than glucose. Although I think both as processed in the body pretty much the same.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home