Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Nocturnal Tramsmissions

The Muppet Show's 10 Weirdest Moments

Thanks to Greg for the link! I remember each and every one of these clips verbatim:


10.) Leo Sayer sings "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" to a messed-up lookin' giant bird.

9.) Alice Cooper tries to get Kermit to sell his soul to the devil, only to get an over-enthusiastic Gonzo instead.

8.) Tony Randall dabbles in the "Black Arts" and sings through a megaphone.

7.) Miss Piggy tries to rape Rudolf Nureyev (he defected for this?)

6.) One of my all-time favorite Muppet Show moments, Alan Arkin goes on a bunny-murderin' rampage to the tune of "Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah" (the best part is when Waldorf and Statler toss one last bunny hiding in their box into the fray).

5.) Vincent Price sings James Taylor's "You've Got A Friend" to a passel of creepy things.

4.) Roger Moore sings "If I Could Talk To The Animals" while kicking muppets in the face.

3.) Sylvester Stallone sings "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off " in a gladiator costume.

2.) Peter Sellers recites Shakespeare in a Viking helmet while playing two chickens.

1.) "The Intergalactic Brotherhood of Man" sketch with Spike Milligan (actually that entire episode was pretty WTF all the way through).


And you know what else was WTF all the way through? That ENTIRE Alice Cooper episode, although I suppose it was to be expected, being Alice Cooper and all. But even the scenes not involving Cooper were some of the strangest things I had ever seen on television as a kid -- particularly the "toothache" sketch, which none of my friends had ever seen but laugh their asses off every time I used to quote it, usually whenever I had a toothache of my own.

Skip to 8:20. It lasts until 9:37.



And I never noticed this before, but someone over at youtube pointed out that at 8:53 if you listen very carefully, you can hear someone whisper "Shhhhhh shut the fuck up." Oh mah word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home