Tuesday, September 06, 2005

From The Department Of Doozer Control

Yesterday was my little brother's 35th birthday so I gave him something that only a "little" brother would appreciate. The First Fuckin' Season of Fuckin' Fraggle Rock!


Is that keen or what? Old skool readers of my former blog may remember how much whinged relentlessly over when this sucker was going to start coming out on DVD, and as I was pulling my hair over not being able to find a copy of The Muppet Show first season in stock at my store and then suddenly literally tripping over a stack of Fraggle Rock boxes sitting on the floor ready to be shelved. I had no earthy idea that it was out yet (and apparently neither did Cullen, who knows All Things Muppet). To be honest I want this just as bad as Cullen does. He and I watched this show religiously every morning before school and as far as I'm concerned it's probably the best series that Jim Henson ever created. Obviously geared towards kids, but I thoroughly enjoyed it on every level as a teenager when it was first aired and even my father was moved to actual tears when he watched the series finale with us the night it aired. Doesn't appear to be heavy with extras, but that's just peachy with me. It's the series itself that's the real meat of the matter, with it's superb scriptwriting, songwriting, and of course puppetry.

Watch yer back, bubbie. I might be gankin' this for myself when yer not paying attention. Sleep with one eye open, pal.

While we were out to dinner I talked with my folks about the hurricane relief situation (my mother insisted we get away from the TV and computer for the evening because all of it was obviously upsetting me) and I think that I am going to do what they have done, and donate funds to the ASPCA to help with animal care and boarding for refugees who need their pets kept safe while they recover their lives. Feeling like whatever I give to the Red Cross and others likewise I'm not yet certain that the food and/or water I help purchase can get to everyone, if what I read is true about FEMA and how the Red Cross had difficulties delivering supplies. Sounds like most people are out of he Superdome and other places in the city as of now. But still, I think I feel better right now giving my money to the ASPCA. I'll at least feel as if I could do something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE FRAGGLE ROCK?!?! I loooved fraggle rock.
(in a much less toned down voice):
I figure whatever you can give to help, helps.
whatever it is.
-emily

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YESSSS! Must. Get.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home