Sunday, September 11, 2005

O Elegant Indolence

This having a weekend off is pretty freakin' sweet. Luxurious, even. Is this what all you Weekend Warriors crow about so lustily? Add the fact that Joe has a completely fluke weekend off as well and I'm beginning to think I must start consulting star charts. We're too broke to really go anywhere or do anything, but we did have a great lunch together at P.F. Chang's and spent the rest of the day just talking it easy. I think that's what I crave the most right now -- just total and utter relaxation. Today was a little bit more of the same, although I did manage to get some much needed errands run. Thought about stopping by my friend's grocery store but I kinda chickened out at the last minute. Even though she and I seem to be doing a lot better these days I still feel a little intrusive whenever I try to contact her. I really want to do our weekly late-night coffee and donut runs again. I miss those obnoxiously caffeinated gigglefests. I miss her company.

I keep checking the Circus Theatricals website obsessively every day for news on Jack's latest production. Not that I can afford to go back to L.A. this year. Heck, I can barely afford gas money to get me to work and back as it is. I bet the cost of plane tickets are astronomical due to fuel prices and shortages.

And is it wrong for me to want to attend next year's AVN Expo? I've never... uh, done anything like that before in my life, and I would relish the new experience. Although I admit I wouldn't even bother going if Papa isn't going to be there. But what would I say to the guy if I met him face to face? Errr... great job, Mr. Holmes? Nice...uh, equipment? Funny how easily I can communicate with him via email but will likely dissolve into the Insta-Stammer-O-Matic once I'm in his presence, much like I was with Jack. Plus it's too close to Christmas and I'm always financially wiped throughout the month of January as a result.

I miss Sci-Con.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey speaking of websites, i was bored as all hell last night and was browsing through the vance degeneres web page and noticed there's nothing about the hurricane. do you think a) he's to busy with thoughts of family and his hometown to bother with it.
b) he has no control over the website. or c) (i couldn't come up with a "c" answer).
?????????????????????
i'm guessing on "a".
-emily

1:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I am totally going with "c". :-)

It is a little strange that he hasn't even linked the Red Cross webpage or anything there. But maybe he really is too busy to update it. The official Cold website is using the guestbook as a place for hurricane survivors to relate stories and information, as well as try to find each other, which I think is a good idea.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's an awesome idea. whatever works right?
i guess i'm just so used to seeing every website with some sort of not e asking to give that the fact that here is someone from new orleans and his website didn;t mention it.
sad thing is i was a little pissed off about it, like "what the fuck he didn;t mention anything". i feel badly about that now. i have no idea what people are feeling and it was a really shallow (what i like to call) thought from the head.
funny how tragedy can make you go from feeling sad, to feeling mad/stupid.
-emily
p.s. i just realized i put all ";" when i meant to put "'" and may have spelled several words wrong. just thought you'd like to know.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I guess it is a little strange to see a website these days that doesn't mention the hurricane relief effort. Especially if that person is from New Orleans like Vance is. I can understand your initial reaction, though. I'm not angry with him or anything. He may be busy doing something even more substantial like helping Ellen with her big high-profile donation drive, which actually might be a better idea because I can betcha more people visit Ellen's website than Vance's any day. I can't begrudge the guy anything right now. I know he's gotta be grieving for his hometown in his own way. And I am so relieved that they found his aunt in Mississippi alive and okay!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i was watching the emmy awards and they had a nice little family shot. awww.
anyway you're probably right.
i'm not going to say about what, sometimes people need to hear that they're probably right :)
-emily

3:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Did they really? Was Vance in teh picture? Oh man, I missed it!

:(

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home