Thursday, September 08, 2005

Shopping Bags (She Got from You)

Well, poop. Nobody bought my employee pick of Faithless' Greatest Hits this week. Although I did come a wee bit close once, hyping it up so much to this one guy that I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if he had bought it just to get me to shut the hell up. Ha! Takes more than that get me to stop running my mouth, especially when it's something that I am passionate about. Like music and... and... um, somebody help me out here. Uhhh... cheese? Yeah, cheese!! Cheese rocks! Particularly those cheesy bread things you get at Pizza Hut. Or is that Papa Johns? Well, one of those two that will actually deliver to my scary-ass neighborhood after 5pm. They sure are yummy. If I worked at Pizza Hut/Papa Johns I would have cheesy bread sitting on my employee pick wall every day. Cheesy bread for everyone, everyday!!

So I sadly took down the Faithless CD and put The Grind Date by De La Soul up on the wall. Hip-hop albums that are already several months old are especially difficult to pitch, but when they are as amazingly good as this one sometimes if I can just convince the customer to listen to it the disk more often than not just sells itself without my help. Often all you gotta do is just physically put it into their hands and that's all it takes. Funny how that appears to apply with most things in life, doesn't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Maybe one week you can put Ken Nordine's Colors as your pick, and watch when people pick it up and wonder what the hell it is.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But..but...but I bought a Faithless album you hyped to me a couple months ago. That counts in my book.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The funny thing is that I was thinking of putting the new Pelican album up on the wall instead of De La Soul, and I ended up selling the Pelican album instead!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home