Sunday, October 02, 2005

Please Don't Tell The Ledge...

That I'm going to burn his "I Hate CDs" single to CD-R... shhhhh!

Oh shit... Ledge, if yer readin' this, I'm just razzin' ya, boy-o. Don't go scratchin' out the lyrics to "I Hate That Melissa Bitch Fer Burnin' 'I Hate CDs' To CD-R And If The Haze Were Still Alive Today Id'a Have Him Take 'Er Out Like A Lightbulb In A Juke Joint Gettin' In My Eyes" (not that I wouldn't be honored by the gesture -- what gal hasn't always wanted to be immortalized in song).

Speaking of which, I got this Legendary Stardust Cowboy single (b/w "Linda") at the same time that Miriam from Norton Records sent me Hasil Adkins LP Out To Hunch about maybe a little over a decade ago, and now I can't help but book-end these two outsider artists together in my mind. Ledge's "Paralyzed"went on practically every mix tape I ever made for every pal 'o mine on my college campus back in the 80's. This single went missing for a good period of time and now that it's been re-found (hell-oooo... been in my singles box the whole time) I feel it's greatness should really be preserved in digital format, perhaps to appear here as a download-able file in future posts.

Ledge never had any beef with MP3s, did he?

I don't wanna be taking the feed outa Ledge's mouth by doing that. I support the little guys. But I do wanna toot his horn here and give him the exposure he deserves (not like my readership's in any likely heavy distribution) so if I put a link up it will be temporary, and accompanied by the Norton Records website as just a gentle nudge to prompt you all to GO OUT AND BUY EVERYTHING EVER MADE BY THE LEGENDARY STARDUST COWBOY, YOU MUGS! And tell him that bitch Melissa who burned his "I Hate CDs" to compact disk sent ya's.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who that sexeh woman? :D

Hey, I know you don't wanna do LJ, but do you want an LJ account to read my friends-locked school-related entries? 'Cause I miss your wise comments. :)

2:57 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Actully I was thinking about that. Can I just get an LJ account and not do anything with it just to get your LJ? Or is there something else I can do?

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look thinner.
-emily

1:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Em... although I've gained 10 pounds over the last few weeks and I can really feel it on my body. Funny how I used to never be aware of such things.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah. yeah when i was pregnant i thought i was gonna die. fun stuff.
-emily

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home