Monday, September 26, 2005

Insert Robert Frost Passage of Your Choosing

So. I just made an appointment with a new doctor on Tuesday, November 15 at 2:15pm to discuss my breasts. Or rather, my back and chest aches attributed to my breasts, and how she can help me REMOVE offending breasts if she were willing to convince my insurance company that the need is warranted. November. Meh. It probably will be a whole year after all before I can see anything substantial done. But at least I'm keeping the ball rolling.

I'm thinking of taking a week off in October, just to chill and rest up before the big holiday deluge at work. I wish I could go somewhere. Washington D.C. Haven't been to NYC in a few years. Not like I can afford either right now.


The sentimentalist in me is entertaining the idea of making another trip to Philadelphia next summer. It was the summer of 1996 when I met Rob and Stephanie Windfelder, the owners of Zipperhead, and they drove me around town in their little car, listening to a Sammy Davis Jr. album, taking me to the top of the library where Rocky climbed those steps, and burgers at an all-nite eatery. We all connected as if we had known each other all our lives, and we still write to each other, send Christmas cards, CDs, photos, etc. Next year will be the 10th anniversary, so then's as good a time as any, I say! And maybe I'll be in a better position/financial bracket to fund the entire shebang, who knows. Anyway, something to shoot for.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not that hard to convince your insurance co to accept that kind of surgery. i had a girl working with me and she got it ok'd with little of her own effort.
-emily

1:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah, so far my breast doc said that with the information that I gave them they wouldn't agree to do it. Well, based soley on that, that is. I just want to make sure there is no point of contention with me and the them because several years ago my insurance paid for my gall bladder operation, then turned right around and said that I was aware that I had gallstones before I signed up for their coverage (I didn't). Either way I had to file bankruptcy just to pay it off. That sucked. I need to be careful this time and make sure nothing like that happens again.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah just bug them alot. don't lie, i think insurance co's recruit psycics because they alway know. my girl got letters from doctors and called maybe twice and sent in a request. from what i remember it didn't take to long before the ins. co. gave in.
-emily

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home